Susie over at She’s Becoming Doughmesstic has tagged me for a new meme circulating through the blog world. I love her blog. If you haven’t checked it out, do! Based on her recipes, etc., if she is only becoming domestic, I will never get there.
So, here are the Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. Completing this meme is a huge step forward for me. I have broken every chain letter (remember when we only had paper?), email, etc ever forwarded to me. So, if you didn’t get your 300 postcards from around the world, box of recipes, lottery tickets, etc, you can blame me. PS Please don’t send any more. I still feel incredibly guilty about the lottery ticket one. It was from my mother-in-law and I have been waiting years for her to bring it up…
2. Kelly is my mother’s maiden name. I love that and always thought that, if I had a girl, I would put Kelly in her name somewhere to keep it going. Alas, we had boys and other family names already promised to them. My aunt tried to name her dog Kelly. I, frankly, found that annoying and did not see it as the show of family pride she intended.
3. I am obsessed – OBSESSED – with the olympics. I have been for years. My first life plan was to be the next Nadia Comenici (save for the hard work, talent and communism). I do not care if they aren’t “real” amateurs anymore. I am not even sure I care that much about drug testing. And those personal stories? Love em! How else I am supposed to know who to root for in double scull and coxless pair?
4. I wanted Carrie from Sex in the City to end up with Mikhail Barishnikov at the end of the series. Because I love him. I have loved him for years. So much so that I saw White Nights in the theatre. More than once.
5. If I lived alone, I might eat chocolate malts and popcorn for dinner. a lot. I once gave up only those two things for lent and it was a looonnnggg forty days.
6. I met my husband on a political campaign. I was a staffer and he came into volunteer. For some reason, this always elicits an “ahhhh…that is so cute” reaction. I guess it beats blind date, frat party, cubemate…The campaign was unsuccessful but it did produce two marriages of ten plus years. For the record, the husband is even cuter today.
Here are my taggees:Megan of My Baking Adventures Lisa of Bumblebutton Kayte of Grandma’s Kitchen Table Melissa of Life in a Peanut Shell Pamela of Cookies with Boys