1. Bundt pans are a b***h to butter/flour.
2. Bundt pans are a b***h to wash.
3. Therefore, all bundt cakes must be judged on the ratio between tastiness and #1 and #2.
4. This bundt cake mostly succeeds (1.5 to 1?). It is wonderfully moist and sweet. I used two apples and raisins instead of the pears/prunes. In future, I think I would stick more apples in or maybe even some cinnamon. I wanted the other flavors amped up a bit.
5. BUT, my mother loved this cake. And this is an important “but” because I served it on mother’s day. And a mother’s opinion? Overrides a lot, right?
6. Full recipe at Pantry Revisited.
(once again, there is a picture – quickly snapped on my cell which is now dead. I will make an effort (but probably not every effort) to get it added.)